Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Edinburgh Royal Botanic Garden - a trip in the past


Posted by Picasa
I just found some old pictures of my visit to the Royal Botanic Garden of Edinburgh (a site with rich resource for teachers). I remembered that there were a lot to see there and had seen some groups of kids visiting the garden. I took enough pictures and paid a fee to enter a photo competition (the only time I ever tried a photo competition in my life), but after a while I didn’t hear anything from the RBGE organization, so I believe my photo was not good enough to be selected as a winning shot. Nevertheless, here (a slide show) are some of that day’s trip.
The organization has many on-going joint projects with countries in southeast Asia, so maybe some Taiwanese botany professors will be interested to cooperate with them.
I also visited the Edinburgh Castle, a castle built on an extinct volcanic rock that dominates the scenery of the city, if I find some pictures from my castle visit, I will load it some time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment